Thursday, February 23, 2012

REFLECTION ON PRESENTATION


Malaysia is one of the country that using English language widely. In almost daily life business, we are using English as communication medium. That is how importance English language in Malaysia. But, how many of us know about the history and the development of English language in our country.

By doing this activity, I being proud to learn English and become a future English teacher. It is because, English is a language that everyone used around the world. When we know other language, we feel that we are one of them. The unity spirit indirectly spread in my life when I can talk in their language.

Besides, the presentation that is require us to find how English come to Malaysia had teaches me that English history come from colonial of British. I also get to know how English develop in our country. In my opinion, education system is the most influences medium in spreading out this language. As Malay said, “melentur biarlah dari rebungnya”. Therefore, British take this opportunity to wide the uses of English in Malaysia by introduce English school. So, on that time, the child got the expose since they were young.

The development of English in rural area is not the same as the urban area. One of the reasons is the accommodation and the distance. This fact helps me to prepare myself to teach them when I become a teacher one day. I keep dreaming to bring a renewal of English in rural area. I want them to get know about English as urban’s child do so. I don’t want them to be left behind in education because education in Malaysia states that everyone should get the same chance in education.  


In the other sides, from this activity, my self-confident getting better. I got the confidence to speak in front of the class and also speaking English language.  I realized that when I am posting as an English teacher in the future, by hook or by crook I have to speak English too. So, I take this opportunity to improve my own skill in speaking.

Furthermore, by doing the presentation, I think that my vocabulary has become increase. I always ask my friends what the meaning of the word either in English or Malay. I keep remind myself to speak English frequently so that my English language become more excellence. As what we always said, “practice make prefect”.

As the conclusion, by getting know the development and the history of English language in Malaysia, I become more appreciate to this language. I wants to master in English so that my student will be an excellence in English. 

No comments:

Post a Comment